Living Waters European Style Clothing Optional Hot Springs Spa
Affiliations, Memberships, and Awards
Living Waters Spa is the only clothing optional spa in Southern California with hot mineral water. We have been likened to Esalen Institute or Harbin Hot Springs — both known for their mineral water, massage, and transformative experiences.
Proud member of the Desert Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce and Hotelier Association
Year after year, our guest have made us one of the Top Rated Hotels in DESERT HOT SPRINGS and one of the Top 10 clothing optional resorts in the world, as rated by by TripAdvisor.
“Our 5-Star ratings on TripAdvisor come directly from the guests who have stayed with us. No doubt our hot mineral water, outstanding massage, and our European-style clothing optional setting all play a part. However, what really sets us apart is the “lexus” service that we provide. After all, what really makes a business great is the people! You are not dealing with some nameless / faceless corporation – you deal with us, the owners.”
~ Jeff and Judy, owners Living Waters Spa
- “This place is a true oasis. It’s an opportunity to shut out the outside world along with all is distractions and envelop yourself in the freedom and space to just BE. Every time we visit, I come home feeling rested, cared for, rejuvenated and more comfortable in my own skin. It’s a place we will return to time and time again. If you visit, make sure to book a massage! The onsite massage therapists are truly gifted and the experience of walking out of a massage and directly into a warm hot springs pool is bliss.”
- “We spent 5 days at Living Waters. The experience was AWESOME! We came to relax and enjoy my wife’s birthday. To her, this was the best birthday present ever! We definitely plan to return again and again. Whether you are looking for your first clothing-optional experience or are a long time nudist, this is a great place to visit.”
- “I had the pleasure of staying overnight at pool side in one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! The mineral water is refreshing and spiritually awakening. The owners Jeff & Judy and staff, made me feel like part of the family, especially this being my first time in a clothes option co-gender spa, in the US. I felt comfortable as I chatted with couples and people like myself who were looking for a refreshing alternative to traditional spas. This space definitely sits on some sacred vortex where healing begins within.”
- “Another great stay at LWS. Wonderful thermal waters with 24 hour soaking. The vintage sauna is a great amenity. This small, intimate inn allows you your choice of solitude or interaction with the other guests. Jeff and Judy, the owners, welcome you as if you were a guest in their home. The rooms are very comfortable but you will spend your time in and around the soaking pools, one of which is shaded from the sun. If you enjoy soaking and sunning in the nude, this place is one of the best.”
- “What a great little place. The owners, Jeff and Judy, are so friendly and welcoming as are all of the guests I met there. The natural mineral water feels great on your skin. The rooms are nice and clean. Atmosphere is completely relaxing and the massage was wonderful. Looking forward to my next visit!”
- “Living Waters Spa is a small spa resort featuring an amazing free-flowing natural mineral water system without harsh chemicals, from their own well. This is an adult clothing optional spa with a large hot tub and a refreshing swimming pool. Eight very comfortable rooms (five with kitchens) surround the private pool patio with stunning views of the mountains and across the valley to Palm Springs. All of the staff members are also massage therapists and offer a variety of excellent massage treatments. The staff is so polite and engaging, but also maintain a quiet, restful spa environment for guests and day users. We’ve stayed here many times and will return again and again.”
- “First time at a “clothing optional” and what a great choice! Everyone was so nice and sociable- from the owners to the staff and the other guests! We felt right at home after only a minute inside the gate. So free and natural with no judgement or embarrassment. There were all ages but primarily middle aged; all shapes and sizes.”
- “The hosts are very sincere and truly cater to the guests needs. The rooms are fully supplied and the bed is heavenly. The massage is exceptional. This is the finest spa where you only need to take your toothbrush.”
- “This is a place for relaxation and reconnecting with one’s self and others, rather than a place to get loud and party. We will be back many times, I am sure.”
- “Our stay at Living Waters was too short! The mineral pools are amazing and leave your skin baby soft. After a 4 day car trip, the massage was highly anticipated and exceeded my expectations, leaving me relaxed for days after. We can’t wait to return and will definitely make sure we have time for a longer stay.”
- “My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Living Waters Spa in Desert Hot Springs last weekend. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the owners, Jeff and Judy, the entire staff made our stay a very pleasant one. The view of the surrounding mountains and desert floor is spectacular. Most of the rooms have a kitchen with a stove, microwave, refrigerator and table for dining. The rooms are located only a few feet from the 2 mineral water heated pools. A continental breakfast is offered as well as poolside snacks and drinks served at 3 PM. The 75 minute (not the usual 60min) massage is a must do item. Check out time is at noon but guests are allowed to stay until 5 PM. Lockers and a shower are available.”
- “Just an incredible place. Quiet, comfortable, and relaxing. Met some great folks this time and Jeff and Judy are the finest of hosts. They make you feel like part of the family from the minute you arrive. Will return soon.”
Living Waters Spa is awarded a variety of awards for Excellence, High Standards, and Service
Named one of the Top 25 Small Hotels in the US! Top 25 Small Hotels
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa named one of the Top 25 Small Hotels in the Nation for the 2nd year in a row!
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa named one of theTop 25 Small Hotels in the Nation for the 3rd year in a row!
Living Waters Clothing-optional Spa for the 4th year in a row named one of theTop 25 Small Hotels in the Nation!
For reservations and other inquiries, please contact us.
Office Hours: 8am – 8pm PST
13340 Mountain View Rd. Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240